As the Ward 2 Councilmember, Brooke is committed to ensuring that our government is transparent, accessible, and accountable to the residents it serves. Her top priorities include:
- enhancing public safety through out of school time funding, violence interruption, job opportunities, community supports, and investments in MPD
- helping small and local businesses thrive in a post-pandemic local economy
- moving neighbors experiencing homelessness into permanent housing and expanding the District's affordable housing stock
- empowering women and girls through education, entrepreneurship and access to period products
- ensuring safe and sustainable travel throughout the District with safe bike lanes, sidewalks and roads.
Brooke has also proven herself as a supporter of workers, an ally to the LGBTQIA+ community, a listening ear for families connected to Ward 2 schools, and an advocate for senior citizens. In addition to advocating for these communities, Brooke promotes environmental sustainability, explores opportunities to improve and vary our city’s transportation routes, and champions D.C. statehood.
To learn more about the Council committees of which Brooke is a members and to learn more about the legislation she has authored and supported while on the Council, please click on one of the links below.
Councilmember Pinto's Committee Memberships for Council Period 24 (2021-2022) include:
The Committee on Judiciary and Public Safety
The Committee on Business and Economic Development
The Committee on Housing and Executive Administration
The Committee on Government Operations and Facilities
The Special Committee on COVID-19 Pandemic Recovery