Councilmember Pinto sends Ward 2 budget requests to Mayor
February 13, 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact: Zoe Ades, Communications Director
COUNCILMEMBER PINTO SENDS WARD 2 BUDGET REQUESTS TO MAYOR
Today, Councilmember Pinto shared her fiscal year 2024 budget requests with Mayor Bowser on behalf of Ward 2 residents. In compiling these requests Councilmember Pinto met with community members and key stakeholders, including at her annual Ward 2 Community Budget Forum. The requests reflect the primary concerns Councilmember Pinto heard from Ward 2 residents: promoting public safety, supporting unhoused residents and ending homelessness, and investing in small businesses and economic recovery.
Highlights of the letter include:
- Increased investment in the Metropolitan Police Department to address the shortage in officers available to respond to serious public safety incidents.
- Expanded investment in school-based violence interruption initiatives and continued funding of violence interruption programming.
- Funding to respond to the increased prevalence of domestic violence.
- New investments in bridge housing and supportive services for unhoused residents
- Increased salaries and support for outreach workers and case managers
- Dedicated funding for downtown recovery
- Ensuring safe, sustainable, and reliable public transit and transportations options
sign-up for the "Brooke's briefing" newsletter
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.